Hello Kieren,

> If you know exactly what the layout will be, and it really is just a few
> measures of split, and you're never going to reuse the material in a
> different format, then you should probably just use \new Staff at the moment
> you need it. There are examples of this all over the web (docs, LSR, probably
> Scores of Beauty, etc.).
This would be what I need :) Unfortunately, I'm too dumb. Sorry, I'm a
c, c++, c#, python, ruby, latex  and many other - developer, but the
lilypond syntax manages to confuse me every time. I'm happy to set
simple scores with lilypond and I really like it - but often, I just
don't get it.

Could you please detail your pointer to the docs? An example would
really be helpfull!

Thanks,
--
Markus Grunwald