On 2/7/2018 1:47 PM, Richard M wrote:
Hello, list,

how does LilyPond create the key signature for Gis major?

I've attached a file to compile the key signature, which results in: C#, G#, D#, A#, E#, B#, and Fx. It is interesting to me that the key signature begins with C#, and the Fx is placed at the end.

I'm wondering if there's a resource the developers used (perhaps a notation manual) that gave a rule for how key signatures with double accidentals should be formatted.

Hi,

What about this Wikipedia image showing the key signature order of sharps + double?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G-sharp_major#/media/File:G-sharp-major_e-sharp-minor.png

...it looks like the double sharp is in the right spot, but even still, could you just use the more common - enharmonic key of *A♭ major* instead?