I'm trying to set the page size so that it automatically
matches the size of the staff with zero margins. Looking
at the documentation on this shows the following command,

but I cannot see how to set it to scale 'as big or small
as needed'. The section on automatic scaling isn't clear
as this appears to relate to internal operation of the software,

not to automatically scaling the size of the page..

#(set-default-paper-size "quarto")

Attached is what I'm currently getting, with a large amount

of empty space.