Hi all,

I'm currently rewriting my lilyglyphs package (http://ctan.org/pkg/lilyglyphs,
https://github.com/uliska/lualilyglyphs) to make better use of advanced Lua
functionality, which I hope will be great for future extensibility. And right
now I've come across a great opportunity for someone (or somemultiple) people
with little programming background but great enthusiasm to help me with that
effort.

There has always been a command lilyText{} that simply renders its argument
using the Emmentaler font, which works for the rather few characters in
Emmentaler that are at the regular positions in the font, namely dynamic
letters, numbers and punctuation. In the earlier implementation I had added a
number of special commands to typeset dynamic letter combinations that need
kerning, e.g. lilyRFZ. But now I've implemented functionality to declare
kerning pairs so one can simply write lilyText{rfz} and have the necessary
kerning between the 'r' and the 'f' applied automatically.

This is a huge improvement because now it's only necessary to define one Lua
table with kerning pairs for each supported notation font (I intend to have
lilyglyphs support all the notation fonts that are available under a free
license). I have created a kerning pair matrix to print all character
combinations, and I've written pairs for all the "fX" pairs in Emmentaler.
Attached you'll find that row before and after applying kerning to see the
effect, and the PDF with the whole matrix for Emmentaler and LilyJAZZ.

However, while this is a very uncomplicated process it is also time consuming,
and I think my time would be better spent continuing with the *programming*. At
the same time it would be a great opportunity for one or more people
contributing to a useful package who don't have a strong programming background
but are enthusiastic about finding the right kerning values at the second or
third fractional digit ;-)

Requirements would only be the capability to fill in a Lua table after a model
(I'd say anyone able to write LilyPond code should qualify) and to set up a
LuaLaTeX system with a few unreleased packages from Github. Essentially what
has to be done is complete this table/file
(https://github.com/uliska/lualilyglyphs/blob/lua-only/lilyglyphs-kern-emmentaler.lua

(https://github.com/uliska/lualilyglyphs/blob/lua-only/lilyglyphs-kern-emmentaler.lua))
 and possibly add more for additional fonts.

I'm looking forward to any feedback and assistance
Urs