That's funny - it's the argument I always use for my new complexity work,
but it usually gets shouted down quite vocally (refer for example to my
requirement for equal width bars!).

:-)

Anyway, that's why I offered to put in in openlilylib, there for all to use
if desired.

Maybe what we really need is a section on the NR on how to use openlilylib,
because people seem to find it difficult (which I find puzzling, but
everybody's experience with computers is of different degree). There's
precedent for that, almost. We have a section on using lilypond with
external programs like editors. That would also have the effect of bringing
opnelilylib more into the core consciousness, rather than being an orphan
stepchild as it is viewed now, I think.

Andrew