Hi Michael,

thanks a lot, this looks very, very promising! I will fine tune it a bit more and then send it back to this list. The great thing is that you can also adapt it for other brass instruments e.g. tuba, French horn etc. I think the Lilypond code for my sheet music is often ugly too, and some geeks here would probably roll their eyes. But the main thing is that it works and the output is pretty (the music engraving is really wonderful (has to be said), which is why I torture myself with Lilypond then and don't always use MuseScore). By the way, the tones of brass instruments are created by the vibrations of the lips... which also makes playing difficult and from a certain pitch quite exhausting. The tube is the amplifier, the slide or valves modify the tube length. It's almost like singing, with the vocal folds vibrating, and the oral cavity and throat as the amplifier, plus the tongue and jaw as the modifier …somewhat simplistically speaking. That's just as a note, because a lot of people think you're just blowing air in and pushing something 😉

Kind regards
and thanks again
Andreas