Hello Carl,

Michael (Werner) may have just found a solution. But I promise, if I win the lottery, I will make a donation to Lilypond (and several other open source projects I really appreciate, like Gimp, Inkscape, LibreOffice, Krita, MuseScore, Thunderbird...). Sometimes you just don't have the talent for certain things (didn't succeed with Pascal back in school). Probably the percentage of programmers among Lilypondians is very high. Then it's hard to imagine how hard it is for non-programmers to just learn a programming language. I'm already very busy with Lilypond code and transcribing notes. Besides, Lisp's "market share" has 1.53%, Scheme's is certainly even less, and Python's is 49%. Python I could use in many ways, Scheme really only here. For first programming language acquisition, that would bother me.

Kind regards
Andreas