Dear List,

I’ve been engraving an arrangement (for a smaller orchestra) of Beethoven’s 3rd
piano concerto and I’d like your advice. There are Tutti/Solo marks on the
original score
https://imslp.org/wiki/Special:ImagefromIndex/761965/wc13
at the beginning and then at bars 111, 172, etc. These marks should appear
above the top staff of the multi-staff score and on each part of every
instrument. Is there a recommended practice to achieve this?

I initially thought that \textmark would be a good choice. I embedded
'\textmark “Tutti”’ on every part and then realized that several (actually, the
number of the parts in the score) “Tutti” are stacked vertically above the top
staff of the multi-staff score. I understand that \mark and \tempo aggregate
identical marks into one line but I can’t use \mark or \tempo since only one
\mark or \tempo is allowed at a specific moment and Tutti/Solo marks sometimes
coincide with a tempo indication (at bar 1) or a rehearsal mark (at bar 172).

Any suggestions would be greatly appriceated.

Jun Tamura
https://imslp.org/wiki/User:Jun_T