Hans Aikema <hans.aik...@aikebah.net> writes:

> @David Actually my results (MacPorts lilypond 2.24.2 and 2.25.8) differ from
> what you report..
>
> PartPOneVoiceOne =  \relative fis' {
>     \clef "treble" \time 3/4 \key d \major | % 1
>     \tempo "Prayerfully" 4=69 \stemUp fis4 s2 ^\markup{ \bold\large
>         {Abide with Me; ’Tis Eventide} } ^\markup{ \bold\large { } } ^
>     "Hymn 165" | % 2
>
> The s2 gets inserted for me by musicxml2ly

Ah, you are right.  What musicxml2ly doesn't do, however, is inserting
any \partial.  So the rhythm does not go bonkers because there isn't a
partial measure to start with.

I am not able to properly judge this from the MusicXML: how does this
appear to Finale?  In particular, where does measure 1 start?  With the
"partial" measure or the first full measure?

--
David Kastrup