Stefano Antonelli wrote:

A good place to start is a minimum working example.  I can't help debug
this, but I put together a minimum working example that shows the
problem.  Maybe someone with better scheme can spot the problem.

With liilypond v2.20 there is no issue.  With lilypond v2.23.3

Preprocessing graphical objects...
programming error: Trying to interpret a non-markup object: #f
continuing, cross fingers
programming error: Trying to interpret a non-markup object: #f
continuing, cross fingers
programming error: Trying to interpret a non-markup object: #f
continuing, cross fingers
programming error: Trying to interpret a non-markup object: #f
continuing, cross fingers
Finding the ideal number of pages...

newnames =
#`(
   ("c" . "cee")
   ("d" . "dee")
   ("e" . "eee")
   ("f" . "fff")
)

With lilypond v2.20 there is no issue.
With lilypond v2.21.1, the names are missing
(and the 4 errors are reported differently)

warning: no \version statement found, please add
\version "2.21.1"
for future compatibility
Interpreting music...
Preprocessing graphical objects...
programming error: Object is not a markup.
continuing, cross fingers
programming error: Object is not a markup.
continuing, cross fingers
programming error: Object is not a markup.
continuing, cross fingers
programming error: Object is not a markup.
continuing, cross fingers
Finding the ideal number of pages...
Fitting music on 1 page...
Drawing systems...
Layout output to `./tmp-lilypond-UX8ggy'...
Converting to `2.pdf'...
Deleting `./tmp-lilypond-UX8ggy'...
This object should be a markup: #f
This object should be a markup: #f
This object should be a markup: #f
This object should be a markup: #f
Success: compilation successfully completed

Cheers,
Robin