Thank you, Werner. Here’s a new MWE:
\version "2.27.1"
#(ly:font-config-add-directory
"/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/FontServices.framework/Versions/A/Resources/Fonts/")
#(ly:font-config-add-font
"/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/FontServices.framework/Versions/A/Resources/Fonts/Subsets/Kaiti.ttc")
#(ly:font-config-display-fonts (current-output-port))
\markup { test }
Does the returned listing contain your font?
Yes, the LilyPond Log output includes three different instances of
family Kaiti TC
And in the Font Book app, I see Kaiti showing as installed (not greyed or
dimmed out).
It is possible that the update on your machine changed the font flavour so
> that it can no longer be processed with LilyPond. If this is the case I
> recommend
> to get the old fonts and install them locally in a directory that can be found
> by FontConfig.
>
I thought it would be a good idea to test Kaiti in Pages as well as
LilyPond.
The results are attached in PDF. On my machine, Apple’s Pages word
processor renders almost no Chinese characters in Kaiti. To me, that
suggests that there might be a bigger issue with my machine or OS’s
handling of Kaiti (bigger than just in LilyPond).
It’s a mystery …
I have to run now but will try to pursue your suggestion (downloading an
older version of the font file) later.
Kaiti Testing in Pages.pdf
Description: Adobe PDF document
