On 01/24/2012 09:50 AM, Chris Lalancette wrote:

> Thanks, that is enormously helpful.  Though doing a "diff -Nurp" between
> leb/ti/kernel.git (tag linux-release-2011-11-1) and the tarball that I
> pulled from launchpad
> (https://launchpad.net/~linaro-maintainers/+archive/overlay/+files/linux-linaro-lt-omap_3.1.0-1402.5%7Eoneiric1.tar.gz),
> these two trees aren't exactly the same.  They are *mostly* the same,
> and most of the changes look like they'll be benign to me, but it is a
> bit disconcerting.

I think the difference you see here is because
linux-linaro-lt-omap_3.1.0-1402.5%7Eoneiric1.tar.gz includes debian
packaging and "ubuntu sauce" patches. I believe those come from:

 <http://git.linaro.org/gitweb?p=ubuntu/linux-linaro-oneiric.git;a=summary>

However, I don't know how you find the proper commit in that repo that
correlates to the tarball.