On Fri, Jan 27, 2012, Alexander Sack wrote:
>  * hide people/ trees and show them on people.git.linaro.org instead
> of main git.linaro.org. At best git:// urls would be valid still
> aftterwards
>  * hide the android/ trees and don't show them anywhere else; keep
> git:// urls and/or http:// clone urls wprking too
>
> This would definitely air to breath and we can continue to improve
> things from there.

 The arago-project layout seems nicer, effectively just hiding subtrees
 rather than using separate DNSes; also, they are linked from the main
 repos to the other ones, whereas if we create a people.git.linaro.org,
 how will people discover it?  It's best to avoid having 3
 places/hostnames for people to host stuff.

>                             As one example, ubuntu packages having a
> vcs-bzr field and a reasonable tagging/versioning scheme could
> probably work, but we have to look case by case.

 Problem is that a Vcs-* field is not consistently applied   :-/
 Sometimes it's not set, or doesn't point at the right repo, or points
 at a repo with a special tree where people have to do magic to get
 things done.

--
Loïc Minier