On Mon, 18 Jul 2016 15:33:33 +0000
"Albarran, Josue" <j-albar...@ti.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to run a simple lava-test-case from a test definition I
> defined and I get the "lava-test-shell timed out" error message.

This is just a message showing the length of the current timeout:
lava-test-shell.log test shell timeout: 300 seconds

So, it's not a timeout, there is a missing file:

/lava-188/bin/lava-test-runner: No such file or directory

Shell can be awkward with these errors - is it possible that your NFS
root lacks /bin/bash ?

The interpreter to use is dictated by the deployment_data:
https://git.linaro.org/lava/lava-dispatcher.git/blob/3377ef1c8ffa53123dc4f7d7cdf1a5582c0d0797:/lava_dispatcher/pipeline/deployment_data.py#l107

You've specified debian, so /bin/bash needs to exist. If your image is
not actually debian, you should specify oe for OpenEmbedded which looks
for /bin/sh

> Is there something I'm missing here? I'm attaching the job
> definition, test definition, and test log.
>
> Job definition: http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/19906000/
> Test definition: http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/19906153/
> Test log: http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/19904627/

Is that just the summary log? There will be more information in the
Complete Log, especially the deploy stage.

Compare with this job:
https://validation.linaro.org/scheduler/job/1019247/complete_log?section=deploy

> Test definition: http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/19906153/

The quotes are unnecessary in the first line.

--

Neil Williams