I have settled on using QuickTime exclusively for even Windows-only projects. It is reliable across many different Windows configurations ...much better than Windows Media. In the past, I've downloaded the full install for Windows and included it on the CD-ROM. My stub projector looks for the QuickTime version and, if not present or current enough, it offers to launch the QuickTime installer for them.

<rant>I really like QuickTime but am moving away from it because of the strict licensing policies. Every so often they declare that a version may no longer be distributed. You get about a 6 month window to use up your stock, then you must remaster with the latest installers. Then they're always fiddling with their logo which renders our printed materials obsolete.

For awhile I would always include the latest QuickTime installers even if it wasn't required so I could use QT3mix on problematic machines. Then the word from down from Apple that we couldn't do this because the product did not really _require_ QuickTimeŽ. Now I have to remaster those CDs as we run out.</rant>

I'm becoming very interested in using FLV.

--
Cole

[To remove yourself from this list, or to change to digest mode, go to http://www.penworks.com/lingo-l.cgi To post messages to the list, email lingo-l@penworks.com (Problems, email [EMAIL PROTECTED]). Lingo-L is for learning and helping with programming Lingo. Thanks!]