thanx for the info. A workaround would be to let the callback create a timeout object (see code below which does succesfully throw an error). So, I wonder, maybe it would be a good habit to ALWAYS use 1ms-timout-objects for xtra callbacks? What do you think?

Valentin

a global boolean, maybe a behavior property, but since your callbacks from Flash/Xtra/ActixeX don't provide the "me" for behavior methods, sometimes this can be a problem.

You might be OK with a timeout, long as you're not trying to reference objects that don't exist/aren't referenced ("me") and aren't trying anything too fancy there.

The basic idea is:
Do as little as possible when receiving events n callbacks from Flash/Xtras/ActiveX. Set the data somewhere for Director to find as part of its normal event hierarchy.

roymeo

Roy Crisman
Macromedia Director Programmer, Lingo Guru, Multimedia Producer
150 Laidley St #1
San Francisco, CA  94131-2754
(585)615-2873 cell
http://www.brokenoffcarantenna.com/