>3) On that note, is there a Lingo command that will detect if
>certain external files are present or not? That's one way to avoid
>unwanted error messages I guess.

There are with projectors, but assuming you mean in shockwave, what
happens if you set the filename of a member to a URL, and then check
the filename of the member? If it does show the URL (of a file that
doesn't exist), what does the duration show as? I'm just thinking
that if the file is not there, perhaps the filename won't stick, or
there will be something obviously wrong, like the duration being zero.