I have concerns about using external files with my Shockwave movies.

1) If I have a Shockwave game that uses an external shockwave audio sound file to play
music within my game, what happens when that game is saved from
the web page to a local hard-drive? The movie will then surely generate errors if the
external file is not to be found (assuming the file was
referenced as a relative link). Is the only solution with regard to downloading
Shockwave movies with external files to just embed the files into the
movie? Or are external files detected and downloaded together with the movie?

2) This problem will also arise when external text files are used to store game
settings/hi-score lists etc.
Does anyone have any answers?

3) On that note, is there a Lingo command that will detect if certain external files
are present or not? That's one way to avoid unwanted error
messages I guess.

Drekinn

"It's not a bug, it's a random feature."