Dean,

> Any help would be appreciated.

There are a few things of note in the MUI code you posted:

> on dotMUI me

The fact that 'dotMUI' from your MUI BIRTH & CALLBACK ROUTINES has 'me'
after the handler name indicates that this code may reside in a behavior or
parent script. To work properly, MUI callback handlers need to reside in
movie scripts.

> gMuiLoginProps.modal= FALSE

I can't really think of a situation where a 'login' dialog box should be
non-modal. You might avoid the problem altogether if gMuiLoginProps.modal =
TRUE, using Run() instead of WindowOperation().

> case( widgeName ) of
>   "Close MUI": WindowOperation (gMuiLoginObject, #hide)
> end case

If you're having trouble getting the button or closebox to cause the dialog
to vanish, replace the 2nd line with this:

gMuiLoginObject.WindowOperation(#hide)
gMuiLoginObject.Stop(FALSE)
gMuiLoginObject = VOID

You'd also want to trap the callback handler's #itemClicked event to store
whatever username the user enters.

Finally, and most importantly, for a login dialog, I'd suggest you use
BudAPI's baLogin() instead of MUI:

strUserName = baPrompt("Login to the VOTH Music Vault", "User Name", EMPTY,
0,-2,-2)

It accomplishes everything you're doing with MUI in a single line, plus its
4th 'flags' parameter makes it much more configurable.

HTH,
Rob