-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of duck
Sent: 04 October 2004 16:29
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: <lingo-l> CounterClockWise

Sunday, October 3, 2004, 6:08:20 AM, Pedja wrote:

P> Ugh...any hints on how to determine if a vector shape (2D) was drawn
P> clockwise or anti-clockwise? Offcourse knowing the first vertex point

P> and the last...and the lot in
P> between:))

(apologies if this mail arrives more than once - didn't get through
before because I sent from wrong address)

Not sure about this, but how about adding up the total for the angles
from one point to the next, for each point? If it's clockwise the total
should add up to 360, if anticlockwise the total should be -360...
possibly? or the other way around? (haven't tested, and it's monday
morning so I may be thinking along the wrong lines completely!)

- Ben
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
www.robotduck.com

[EMAIL PROTECTED]  (Problems, email [EMAIL PROTECTED]).