>Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 14:05:34 -0400
>From: "John Horn (Home)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

>Does anyone know where I can get some info on fileio, such as command and
>syntax lists?

It is covered in extensive detail in Chapter 14 of LiaN. (sorry that
chapter is not free online)

>Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 14:53:51 -0400
>From: "John Horn (Home)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Subject: <lingo-l> FileIO setfiltermask
>
>Is it possible to do a all bitmap images filter, or is this something that
>would have to be done for each file type.

The setFilterMask accepts up to four "filter types" at once. I don't think
you can filter for more than four different types using it. You might need
to resort to a third-party Xtra. If nothing else, you can read in a file
list using FileIO and then manually contruct the file browser using the
desired types.

Here is an example off the top of my head. Many more details in Chapter 14
of LiaN...

fileIOinstance = new (xtra "fileIO")
if the platform contains "Mac" then
    -- displays text, PICT, BMP, and TIFF  files
   setfilterMask (fileIOinstance, "TEXTPICTBMP TIFF")
else
   setfilterMask (fileIOinstance, "All Files, *.*,Text
Files,*.txt,Picts,*.pct,Bitmaps,*.bmp")
end if

Now that I think about it, Mac and Win treat the filter mask differently.
On the Mac, it filter for up to 4 file types at once. On the PC, it always
filters for only the file types matching the expression, such as "*.*". If
you specify up to four strings and four expressions, they appear in the
file browser. The user can switch between the options, but can't say, view
the TXT, PCT and BMP files all at once to my knowledge.

There are probably third party Xtras that give you more functionality.
Check updatestage.com or BuddyAPI

Bruce

Bruce Epstein, Zeus Productions, [EMAIL PROTECTED], 732-940-2800
Check out LAST CALL - The Ultimate Bartending Sim:
http://www.zeusprod.com/games/lastcall.html
--------
Director and Lingo in a Nutshell (DiaN/LiaN) kick butt.
Free Sample Chapters: http://www.zeusprod.com/nutshell/downloads/
--------