At 15:33 +1100 18/12/13, Hamish Moffatt wrote:
>No, not yet for personal customers. Annoying....

While we're handing out brickbats to major banks ...

NAB has only a single one-time password mechanism - SMS to mobile.

I have no mobile phone.

So one of the 'four pillars' can't provide a what-you-have
authenticator to me.  Nor to others who do not have a suitable device.

Nor indeed to those sensible people who want to use their mobile for
banking, and are not prepared to use the same channel for
transmission of what is supposed to be an out-of-channel
communication.

NAB's 'solution' for such customers is to set a bank-imposed (not
customer-selected) daily transaction ceiling ($2500), and preclude
use of Internet Banking for overseas data transfers.

(The transaction costs involved in switching a mortgage have
precluded me from completely abandoning NAB, but of course I now use
other FIs more intensively than I use NAB).

Tel: +61 2 6288 6916                        http://about.me/roger.clarke
mailto:roger.cla...@xamax.com.au                http://www.xamax.com.au/

Visiting Professor in the Faculty of Law            University of N.S.W.