On 2/04/2016 1:54 PM, Karl Auer wrote:
What many in the IT world do not realise is that "compress" in the
video world BY DEFAULT means "throw data away until the remainder is
small enough". This is antithetical to the concept of high definition.
Yes, and the HDR UHD stream that exceeds NBN target bandwidth is AVC compressed. Further compression would reduce the quality below acceptable limits, as you say.

Tom seems to imply that I refer to uncompressed (though presumably not raw) video in the stream.

--
David Boxall                    |  Perfection is achieved, not when
http://david.boxall.id.au       |  when there is nothing left to take
                                |  away.
                                           --Antoine de Saint-Exupery