At 09:50 AM 10/08/2017, Hamish Moffatt you wrote:

>Which bit of his argument do you disagree with?

Limiting to the pricing decisions versus the maintenance of a hybrid network,
the opportunities lost, the misunderstanding of demand cycles and technology
needs, the hand-cuffing of small business and reorganisation of the labour
market, etc.

There were highly likely faults in the figures at the early stages in advance
of the project going ahead. Granted that. And granted that the cost to
resellers is a mess, but that's the case right now. We don't know the
bits/costs of the model in terms of shoe-horning in FTTN instead of a common
fibre pull (every house has to be visited regardless of what technology is
installed - twice) that changed. In other words, when the hybrid model was
substituted, the economics all changed.

Some people are responding in tweets about the 'free market' take over and
'nationalising' the network. That tells me there is ideology operating rather
than commonwealth infrastructure benefits. We know the upgrade would never have
happened, don't we?, unless Labor had taken on the project in the first place.

I just think it's a bit rich to blame the innovators instead of addressing what
has been lost by the change to this new mess of infrastructure.

Jan

I write books. http://janwhitaker.com/?page_id=8

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
jw...@janwhitaker.com
Twitter: <https://twitter.com/JL_Whitaker>JL_Whitaker
Blog: www.janwhitaker.com

Sooner or later, I hate to break it to you, you're gonna die, so how do you
fill in the space between here and there? It's yours. Seize your space.
~Margaret Atwood, writer