Third fatal Tesla Autopilot crash renews questions about system
David Shepardson
itNews
May 17 2019
https://www.itnews.com.au/news/third-fatal-tesla-autopilot-crash-renews-questions-about-system-525312?eid=1&edate=20190517&utm_source=20190517_AM&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=daily_newsletter

>"Either Autopilot can’t see the broad side of an 18-wheeler, or it can’t react safely to it," said Friedman, a vice president for advocacy at Consumer Reports. "This system can’t dependably navigate common road situations on its own and fails to keep the driver engaged exactly when needed most."
>
>He said Tesla "must restrict Autopilot to conditions where it can be used safely and install a far more effective system to verify driver engagement."

OTOH:

--
Roger Clarke                            mailto:roger.cla...@xamax.com.au
T: +61 2 6288 6916   http://www.xamax.com.au  http://www.rogerclarke.com

Xamax Consultancy Pty Ltd 78 Sidaway St, Chapman ACT 2611 AUSTRALIA
Visiting Professor in the Faculty of Law            University of N.S.W.