Hi Roger,

GDP only emerged from the '30s depression - perhaps it is a good time for a new measure to emerge.

To be pedantic - it is only the City of Sydney LGA not the whole of Sydney. There is great variability in scale of these cities - Councils in the UK (two levels of gov more similar to the ACT Gov) are different to Councils within in Australia [City of Brisbane much different to City of Sydney].

Marghanita

Councillor Inner West Council (adjacent to City of Sydney)