On Wed, Mar 20, 2002 at 07:05:41AM -0600, Rich Smrcina wrote:
> While you are testing sendmail, what does the HMC indicate about the CPU load
> if your IFL?  Also, does the IFL use dedicated CHPIDs to the DASD?  If so,
> what is their utilization?  As mentioned earlier, try dedicating the IFL to
> this Linux partition (as long as there are no other LPARs that need it).
> On Wednesday 20 March 2002 12:19 am, you wrote:
> > How can I find out what is causing my problem "Connection rejected" on my
> > sendmail. Could it be the disk delays or what? How can I sort out this
> > problem because whether it is BogoMips or not Intel box does not reject
> > messages but my Linux/390 does. Is the any way I can sort out this problem.

It sure sounds to me like RefuseLA in the sendmail config.  If you have
the Bat Book, it's on page 741 of the 2d edition.

Assuming that the system itself is still adequately responsive, I'd try
doubling it and see what happens.

Adam
--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
"My eyes say their prayers to her / Sailors ring her bell / Like a moth