> Paul Raulerson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Vi is very much simpler than ISPF, once you memorize about 12 often used
> > commands, and another
> > 10 that are used often but don't need to be memorized.
>
> Simpler, but extremely annoying.  The whole "insert" thing just blows my
> mind.  I prefer the ISPF editor to xedit, but both are miles ahead of
> vi, which should have long ago been scrapped.

I used to run Linux on a well-built 486 - 8 Mbytes of RAM. Even fvwm was
painful. ISPF (and probably xedit) would have been a bit much.

--
Cheers
John Summerfield

Microsoft's most solid OS: http://www.geocities.com/rcwoolley/

Note: mail delivered to me is deemed to be intended for me, for my disposition.

If you don't like being told you're wrong,
        be right!