From: James Melin [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, February 20, 2003 8:48 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: vi vs. ISPF

I know the difference between command mode and insert mode in vi. I happen
to hate that there IS  a difference. It's ugly.  The designer of vi has
committed a barney/teletubbie level crime against humanity. There are
better ways to do an editor.

|         |           "Fargusson.Alan" |
|         |           <Alan.Fargusson@f|
|         |           tb.ca.gov>       |
|         |           Sent by: Linux on|
|         |           390 Port         |
|         |           <[EMAIL PROTECTED]|
|         |           IST.EDU>         |
|         |           02/20/2003 10:41 |
|         |           Linux on 390 Port|

  |       To:       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                          |
  |       cc:
                                          |
  |       Subject:  Re: vi vs. ISPF

You guys make me feel smart.  I use vi because I learned it years ago, and
can do anything I want with it.  I learned the ISPF editor about a year ago
and can do most anything with it.  I am surprised that some of you can't
figure out the difference between command mode, and insert mode.