On Thu, 20 Feb 2003 09:05:29 -0500, Peter Flass
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Paul Raulerson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Vi is very much simpler than ISPF, once you memorize about 12 often used
>> commands, and another
>> 10 that are used often but don't need to be memorized.
>
>Simpler, but extremely annoying.  The whole "insert" thing just blows my
>mind.  I prefer the ISPF editor to xedit, but both are miles ahead of
>vi, which should have long ago been scrapped.

It is sort of like the TRS-80 character mode editor, just presented on
a whole screen. All the "modes" are really confusing...

I am a died in the wool EDGAR/XEDIT/KEDIT curmoudgeon. I have kedit
macros which I have been using for 12 years which make it look very
much like EDGAR.

john