On Wed, 2003-03-05 at 13:19, Kenneth Illingsworth wrote:
> Thanks.
>
> I believe that I made it through about half of those, and then gave up. I was just
> surprised that GNOME wasn't somehow more 'self-contained' like  the MySQL or Webmin
> rpm's were.

Gnome is in many parts for two reasons

1. Chunks of it (glib, gtk, imlib, ORbit, audiofile, lixml,gdk-pixbuf, libglade) are
not
just for Gnome

2. Its much easier to maintain a set of packages and to pick what you want to
install. Tools like apt-get, gnorpm and up2date can figure out what to install
for you.

up2date -u gnome-core should get you roughly to the right place