> We are doing a TCO (with Microsoft - please don't laugh -
> crying is allowed) and they are being very adament that Samba
> 2.2 can not play with a Windows 2003 Active Directory
> environment. I found some info that indicated that Samba 2.2
> can play with a Windows 2000 AD but MS is claiming that Windows
> 2003 AD is different. Can anyone shed any light on this that
> would help rebut the MS claims?

Lionel:

/amba 2.2 NEVER worked with Active Directory (AD) on Win2k either.
However, with Win2K you could configure the PDC to tolerate NT servers
in the domain (which Samba 2.2 looked like). Now MS did a major redesign
of AD between Win2000 and Win2003 servers. Samba 2.2 will not connect to
a Win2003 PDC in full AD mode. Now I don't know if Win2003 has the same
compatibility support for WinNT that Win2000 had. If it does, you can
turn on the compatability support and it MAY work. All that being said,
Samba 3.0 (now in beta) has full AD support and supports Win2003
servers.

Regards, Jim