Hi list,

I saw this on the Samba general list server:
So it sounds like Samba will work with Windows 2003 if an extra step is
taken:

> I am wondering if winbind works with win 2003. I can
> get winbind working just fine with 2k servers, but
> when I run wbinfo -t, all I get is "can not check
> secret". it joined  the domain fine, but can not get
> it any info using wbinfo.

It seems that there are a number of different windows 2003
configurations out there - but this one is known as 'restrict anonymous
= 2'.  The solution is to make Samba store a password for an
unprivileged user into a tdb.  This is done by running 'wbinfo
-Ausername%password'.  Winbind can then act on an authenticated
connection.

Andrew Bartlett

          -Mike MacIsaac, IBM  mikemac at us.ibm.com   (845) 433-7061