Hello list,

We've just moved to z/VM 4.4 and I'm having trouble with my SuSE7 Linux/390. VM's
RouteD is having a problem with SuSE7's RouteD packets.  We are running the VM RouteD
using supply control RIP2B, but Linux is sending RIP1 packets. This is resulting in
intermittent connections to the guest and eventually VM deletes the route entirely.

IBM wants us to see if we can get the Linux to send RIP2 packets, which I believe only
can be done with gateD.  Is there an rpm available for SuSE 7 Linux?

The connection will stay active if defined as a permanent route in etc gateways in VM,
and not running routeD at all on Linux.  This solution is working for now, but I'd
like to have routeD/gateD running on the Linux guest so I can remove the permanent
entry in etc gateways.

Any suggestions will be apprectiated. Thanks!

David Booher, Systems Programmer
Development Support Manager
Quest  Software
4320 Winfield Rd, Suite 500