On Tuesday, 10/28/2003 at 08:59 CST, David Booher <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> We've just moved to z/VM 4.4 and I'm having trouble with my SuSE7
Linux/390.
> VM's RouteD is having a problem with SuSE7's RouteD packets.  We are
running
> the VM RouteD using supply control RIP2B, but Linux is sending RIP1
packets.
> This is resulting in intermittent connections to the guest and
eventually VM
> deletes the route entirely.

> Any suggestions will be apprectiated. Thanks!

Since you're on 4.4, you likely using Guest LANs.  That means only the
virtual routers need to be running dynamic routing, as leaf nodes in a
network do not require dynamic routing protocols.  (They just send to
their default gateway all the time.)   But you didn't supply a picture of
your network, so it's not possible to say for sure.

BTW, you should consider moving to MPROUTE when you have a few minutes to
spare; it has a future, RouteD does not.  (MPROUTE supports RIP1, RIP2,
and OSPF.)  I am surprised you are using RIP2B instead of RIP2M.  Do you
not have multicast-capable hardware?

Alan Altmark
Sr. Software Engineer
IBM z/VM Development