I can't comment about the 256MB limit, I didn't (and wouldn't have) put
it in.
But my tests showed that it is no problem to run a system with 60Mb or
less (with plenty of swap on VDISK) and even compile a kernel on it.

And yes, graphical installs were very painful in the past, I did quite a few
of them over the Atlantic when I had to test something and couldn't use
the text mode installation ;-(
That's why we added the option to install with vnc. This speeds things up
a lot and graphical installations over a few thousand miles aren't a
problem anymore.

   Karsten Hopp

--
 Karsten Hopp        | Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 Red Hat Deutschland | Tel: +49-711-96437-0