On Gwe, 2003-10-31 at 11:10, Rob van der Heij wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-10-31 at 11:06, Rob van der Heij wrote:
>
> > We do know that the installer needs a minimum amount of memory because
>
> The idea of pulling RAM chips out of the PC after you install would
> probably be very alien to Intel Linux people. So in that case the
> installer requirements are the minimum you need.

Actually people do exactly that, although the RULE project created
"miniconda" so I haven't had to do that on my old router box recently. I
don't know the origin of the 256MB size specification for z900. For x86
its a sane sounding number for a server (remember on your z900 much of
your caching, half your device drivers and lots of other stuff is
outside of Linux)