> I was waiting for Sir Santa to jump in and tell about Unsolicited File
> Transfer ?

I was waiting for the invitation!   ;-)
UFT does over IP the same thing conceptually that NJE does over
SNA or leased lines,  and does so without the need to administer
additional network topology.   (While NJE over IP is great,
and would be my choice for connecting VM-to-VM,  you do have
the burden of yet-another-network-topology to think about.)

> There's client and server for CMS, Linux, Windows (and probably his Palm
> too). How much effort would one in USS be?

And there is UFT support in RSCS.

UFT runs just fine on USS.
I don't have access to USS resources to build it for the
purpose of distribution.   That is,  it would not be right to use
my employer's machine to generate USS executables.   But otherwise
the code should compile and run quite nicely.   The "-a" flag on the
'sf' command works as intended when run under USS,  converting EBCDIC
plain text to ASCII plain text while sending.   So maybe someone
would offer to build it and contrib that back.

> PS Heavy use may encourage Endicott to fix the client portion in
> SENDFILE  ;-)

And that would be great.

The downside to UFT is the lack of a good RDRLIST equiv on Unix/Linux.
Time!  Time!   There's just never enough time!

-- R;