On Mon, 2004-04-05 at 18:00, Scorch Burnet wrote:
> on occassion, we need to do a poweron/reset of our z800.  I would like a
> way to issue a 'shutdown -h 5' command to each linux guest from a vm
> exec.  Can this be done?  If someone has done this, would they be
> willing to share the code?

You basically have two options here.  One is to build the kernel with
the shutdown-on-interrupt feature enabled, which is the best; then you
just CP SIGNAL SHUTDOWN LINUX.  If you have your guests set up so that
they come up with the console already logged in as root, or if you don't
mind storing their passwords in cleartext in the OPERATOR userid, you
can do a CP SEND (from a pipe, so it doesn't uppercase everything) to
the guest to execute the appropriate commands (shutdown or login and
shutdown).

Adam