On Monday, 04/05/2004 at 07:27 CST, "Ferguson, Neale"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Shutdown combined with the signal service will result in an orderly
shutdown
> with no need for fsck at boot. Force just gets rid of the virtual
machine
> without it being able to cleanly exit this life.

Clarification:  A guest that supports CP SIGNAL SHUTDOWN handler can be
FORCEd safely.  CP will delay the FORCE (by the configured time interval)
while the virtual machine performs needed processing.  FORCE IMMEDIATE is
available as the EPO.

Alan Altmark
Sr. Software Engineer
IBM z/VM Development