From: Adam Thornton [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, April 06, 2004 12:21 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: installing db2 on linux

On Tue, 2004-04-06 at 11:55, Steve Gentry wrote:
> I think this was discussed recently but haven't found it in the archives
> yet.  I'm trying to install db2 udb from a cd into a linux instance on vm.
>  How do I do this?
> Copy the whole cd to linux and then install?  Install via ftp?  Or if
> someone remembers the approx. date(s) this was discussed, I 'll review the
> archive entries.

SMB-mounting the CD from a local workstation is probably easier.

You may need to twiddle the mount parameters so that you get
case-insensitive filenames; I seem to recall this being a problem with
DB2 a couple years ago.

Adam

This message and accompanying documents are covered by the Electronic
Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. §§ 2510-2521, and contains information
intended for the specified individual(s) only. This information is
confidential. If you are not the intended recipient or an agent responsible
for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
you have received this document in error and that any review, dissemination,
copying, or the taking of any action based on the contents of this
information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication
in error, please notify us immediately by e-mail, and delete the original
message.