Thanks to all that responded.

Our z/OS Computer Operators monitor the system 24 by 7 via consoles. Now I
grant you, the operators of today are not like the operator of yore, but
still, when they see bad things happen, they take corrective action.

I am looking for something similar for Linux. If there is a Linux problem,
I want the Computer Operators to notice it and take corrective action,
which might be picking up the phone and calling someone.

I really like the idea of sending a copy of the syslog to the syslog
daemon under Unix System Services of Z/OS. From there, I can have it go to
the normal computer operators console. This has the following benefits:

No cost
Operators are monitoring z/OS console anyway
I might be able to use z/OS automation to act on Linux messages

Can someone point me in the right direction to get me started? Is there
even a better method? Thanks.

Peter