I'm not volunteering, either. But I will evaluate how much effort is
involved, before making a decision one way or the other.

-----Original Message-----
From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Adam Thornton
Sent: Wednesday, June 16, 2004 1:58 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Linux for zSeries 3420 Tape driver

On Wed, 2004-06-16 at 14:35, Michael Short wrote:
> The 342x is too old to respond with any sense data telling its device
> characteristics. It would require a driver where you could hard code
> the values before it would work.

That's what module parameters are for.  Look at how any of the old
ISA-bus drivers for x86 did it.

The 3420's a pretty dumb device, right?  I bet a device driver for it
wouldn't be hard.  No, I'm not volunteering.

Adam

For LINUX-390 subscribe / signoff / archive access instructions, send
email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the message: INFO LINUX-390 or
visit http://www.marist.edu/htbin/wlvindex?LINUX-390