> So, if I understand what you're saying correctly, the mission critical
> Linux horse really doesn't run well on the IBM mainframe
> course... unless
> you're talking email.  (Which won't have a very long run
> either as email
> servers begin being replaced by more CPU intensive "collaboration
> systems".)

I suppose it's a matter of comparison. Domino on Linux is a screamer
compared to Domino on z/OS.

It depends a lot on your application construction and design. As someone
else mentioned, if your applications assume that CPU and memory are
unconstrained resources, then they won't perform well here.
Unfortunately, that includes a lot of applications. GIGO applies in
spades here.

-- db