You didn't mention how many MIPS you're throwing at the z/Linux.

Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of
James Melin
Sent: Monday, July 19, 2004 12:06 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Domino 6.5 performance a little disappointing on zLinux

And in a series of tests using websphere, after our tuning effort, a J2EE
application runnign under WAS 5.1 with NO RACF authentication on an 2.1 GHZ
intel box with gigabit ethernet is getting clobbered by the SAME
application on z/linux under WebSphere 5.1 with RACF authentication (which
is adding time to the test). 937 seconds to complete on the windex box
going against DB2 on the mainframe vs 250 seconds using z/linux and
WebSphere in a tuned environment using all of the available performance
tweaks of that environment. This is repeatable.

             "Little, Chris"
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
             hs.org>                                                    To
             Sent by: Linux on         [EMAIL PROTECTED]
             390 Port                                                   cc
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
             IST.EDU>                                              Subject
                                       Re: Domino 6.5 performance a little
                                       disappointing on zLinux
             07/19/2004 11:56
             AM

             Please respond to
             Linux on 390 Port
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                 IST.EDU>

I don't know about that.  We're running a mission critical database on
Linux.  Not only did it save us cash, it's running better than before.

Chris