Yes. Dignus has such a beastie. Works well. I actually had their C
cross-compiler and HLASM cross-assembler on my Linux/Intel system at
home, not on z/Linux. Unfortunately, the purpose for which I had
acquired it "disappeared" and I did not feel that I could afford it just
"for fun". That may no longer be true since they now have a "hobbist"
license (which I doubt you could use).

http://www.dignus.com

There is also a very old port of GCC which runs on z/OS. I never could
get it to work properly. I don't know if there is a current port of GCC
for z/OS or not.

--
John McKown
Senior Systems Programmer

information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and its
content is protected by law.  If you are not the intended recipient, you
should delete this message and are hereby notified that any disclosure,
copying, or distribution of this transmission, or taking any action
based on it, is strictly prohibited.