>From z/VM I'd like to "signal" a SLES 9 guest somehow and have the guest
respond by running a shell script (CP SIGNAL SHUTDOWN is not what I want
to do).
I don't want to use SECUSER and CP SEND, my Linux console isn't at a
shell prompt, it's at the Login: prompt.
 Does Linux have a facility to process external interrupts sent via the
 CP EXTERNAL command?
This e-mail, including any attachments, may be confidential, privileged or
otherwise legally protected. It is intended only for the addressee. If you
received this e-mail in error or from someone who was not authorized to send it
to you, do not disseminate, copy or otherwise use this e-mail or its
attachments.  Please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete
the e-mail from your system.