On Wednesday 06 September 2006 15:33, Romanowski, John (OFT) wrote:
> I was thinking I could use the hotplug system but I don't think hotplug
> gets triggered when I attach/define a device to the guest.

Hotplug (or udev) gets triggered when you define/attach/detach a device.

Although it is not the nicest way of signalling, yes you could abuse hotplug
or udev to trigger an action (e.g. by defining a virtual ctc device and
intercepting this with hotplug or udev).

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best Regards

Christian Borntraeger
Linux Software Engineer zSeries Linux & Virtualization