>>> On Wed, Jul 9, 2008 at  2:21 PM, in message
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
"Sienicki, Paul K" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
-snip-
> I downloaded the autoinst.SP2.zip
> And then extracted the gen.template and the nccreg.diff.
> Searched the manuals and how to do links and I am left cold, I think.

Links?  What kind of links, and why?

> I presumed that I load the information up onto the starter system
> NOVSTART and do yast autoyast to generate the autoinst.xml from the
> template and diff.

No.  The gen.template file is a bash script.  You execute it, and answer the
questions.  When you're happy with all the answers you've given, it will write
out a file named autoinst.xml.

-snip-
> But where do I put the nccreg.diff file go?

If you want your system to be automatically registered, you manually edit that
file to put in the values for your NCC email address, your SLES registration
code, and whether you want the optional hardware and software data sent to NCC.
 Then, you run the patch command to apply that diff against gen.template.

> Also after generation how to I get the object installation system CLIENT
> (which is really a server) to pickup the autoinst.xml back on NOVSTART?

You have to put the generated autoinst.xml file somewhere that is accessible
from the network.  Then, in your PARMFILE, you put in a parameter to point to
it:
autoyast=http://ip.address/path/to/autoinst.xml
or ftp://
or nfs://
or smb://

In your case, it will be most convenient to put that in /srv/repository, since
you don't have access to the outside network.