From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of
Scott Rohling
Sent: Friday, August 15, 2008 9:37 AM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: Re: Root filesystem

That was my first thought too...   BUT - I can see how it could be useful to
have free space in a VG and then assign it where it might be needed as it's
needed within the VG.  (Leave 1GB of the VG unassigned, and let the script
assign it on an 'emergency' basis to the LV that is running low).

More interesting is the notion of getting VM to assign the disk and then
have it automatically added to the VG.  (Think application data).

If the method involves just have a bunch of VM minidisks already assigned to
the guest, ready to be added - then I agree - why not just assign them now.

Scott Rohling